How To Fuel Your Body And Maximize Your Energy
It’s true that you “are what you eat” and in order to promote healthy muscle building or toning (and not muscle wasting) you need to consume a generous amount of high quality protein, healthy fats and veggies.
Here’s a great list to guide you in your choices of what to eat each day:
- 4 to 8 servings of high quality protein. A serving example would be 3 ounces of meat, 3 eggs or 1-2 scoops of whey protein powder.
- 1 to 2 servings of nuts, seeds, nut butter or avocado. A serving example would be a handful of nuts or seeds, 1-2 tablespoons of a nut butter or ½ an avocado.
- 3 to 5 servings of low starch vegetables. A serving example would be 1 cup or about the size of the palm of your hand.
- 2 to 4 servings of healthy fats and oils. A serving size would be like a teaspoon of olive oil or a pat of butter while cooking.
- 2 to 4 servings of low glycemic fruit, such as berries. A serving size would be about the size of the palm of your hand.
- 2 to 4 servings of a dairy product. A serving size would be considered a cup of milk, a half a cup to a cup of cottage cheese or yogurt, or 1 ounce of cheese.
- drink your weight in ounces of water each day
Add in exercise a minimum of 3 days a week and you’ll feel amazing!