Kambucha For Your Health
What is Kambucha? If you’ve never heard of it, it is a great drink that can really boost your health. It was believed to have been originally from Asia and spread from the Far East to Europe and today it is practically a staple in the diets of the health and wellness groups all over the world.
It is made from a SCOBY (symbiotic culture of bacteria and yeast), which is a rubbery organism that you put in sweetened green or black tea. You let it ferment in a glass container for about a week or so. As a culture, the SCOBY will digest the sugar in the tea and all its own will produce multiple organic acids, vitamin C and B, enzymes and amino acids. You can then add more tea, fruit juice or fruit to flavor this now fizzy delicious drink.
So what great things does Kambucha do?
- gives you acidic probiotcs that support the good flora in your gut
- helps with digestion
- prevents the growth or overgrowth of candida (yeast)
- detoxes your body
- the large number of enzymes supports the pancreas and liver
- it contains glucosamines that prevent joint degeneration
- it produces vitamin B3 which improves blood flow
- it is filled with powerful antioxidants
- supports your immune system
- gives you energy
- protects your intestines and keep pathogens and parasites away
If you want to have some fun, try making this healthy drink at home!