Besides a great cup of coffee, here are some natural food choices that can really perk you up when you need it:
1) Apples. These are high in antioxidants and natural sugars that give a healthy boost in energy. They’re convenient and easy because they don’t need to be refrigerated, so they can be ready to eat at any moment.
2) Eggs. Simply put, it’s much needed protein, which releases energy at a slower rate, keeping your blood sugar levels from changing too rapidly and making you feel tired. They are also rich in the B vitamins, iron, and healthy fats, that give you long lasting energy through the day.
3) Raw Almonds. More healthy fats and protein and even some fiber, all the while keeping your blood sugar levels balanced and staying energized. Snacking on a handful here and there as a snack is easy and perfect for a quick burst of much needed energy.
4) Dark Leafy Greens. Swiss chard, spinach, kale (among many others) are amazing greens loaded with all of the essential minerals and vitamins, that give tons of boosts to your energy levels. Make a quick salad, a side dish or blend into a green smoothie for that amazing jolt of much needed energy.
5) Kiwi. These are packed with potassium and vitamin C, which is a powerful antioxidant. They have the power to jolt your energy when you need it. They don’t need to be refrigerated and are so easy to eat. A plus, is their fiber content.
So when you’re feeling that mid-afternoon crash, snack on some of these great energy boosting foods instead of reaching for a soda or sugar, and see how your energy levels go up while still supporting your adrenal glands.
Drink plenty of water too! Dehydration is one of the main reasons for exhaustion.
Make sure you are getting plenty of hours of sleep you need each night. It’s something everyone needs more of. ( :