The liver is an essential organ to the body and consuming foods that work to naturally detox it is something to think about, and it’s easy to do without making huge changes to your diet!
Here are 10 easy foods to eat every day that detox the liver and support your overall health:
1) Lemon. This zesty sour fruit is very high in vitamin C, which is an essential nutrient in cleansing the liver by clearing out old store toxins. It also stimulates digestion and bowel function. Try squeezing a lemon slice into your water every day as part of your routine.
2) Artichokes. These contain flavonoids and powerful antioxidants. They help stimulate the gall bladder to secrete bile, which aids in digestion.
3) Beets. These are high in plant-flavonoids that aids in the overall function of your liver.
4) Grapefruit. Similar to lemons, these can help your liver flush out carcinogens and toxins. They are also high in both vitamin C and antioxidants.
5) Avocadoes. Adding these to your diet can help your body produce glutathione (also an antioxidant), which is used by the liver to filter out harmful toxins.
6) Turmeric. This flavorful spice aids the body in digesting fats plus stimulating the production of bile. It also acts as a natural detoxifier for your liver.
7) Dandelion. The leaves as well as the roots are great to help detoxify the liver. They also help to stimulate enzyme production in the liver.
8) Garlic. This yummy food actually stimulates the liver to detoxify itself. It is an amazing anti-bacterial agent that helps to lower blood lipids which reduces hypertension. It contains selenium, a key to metabolic function and it also activates enzyme production.
9) Asparagus. It is rich in beta carotene, which is a powerful antioxidant, plus potassium, which is essential for a healthy electrolyte balance.
10) Cruciferous vegetables. Some of these vegetables are brussel sprouts, broccoli, cabbage and cauliflower that are high in vitamin C (a natural antioxidant) that helps clear the body of free radicals. They also increase the amount of glucosinolate (organic compounds) in our bodies that stimulates enzyme production in the liver, flushing out toxins and carcinogens and helping with digestion.
An interesting liver fact:
Our liver is an amazing organ that can regenerate itself, but keeping it healthy is also very important. It is essentially our body’s filter, so eating naturally cleansing foods to support that crucial function keeps that filter working optimally.
Enjoy eating these yummy liver cleansing foods as part of your daily routine!
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged anti-bacterial, antioxidants, artichokes, asparagus, avocado, beets, beta-carotene, bile, blood lipids, broccoli, brussel sprouts, cabbage, carcinogens, cauliflower, cruciferous, dandelion, digestion, enzyme, fats, flavonoids, free radicals, gall bladder, garlic, glucosinolate, glutathione, hypertension, leaves, lemon, liver detox, metabolic, metabolism, natural cleanse, potassium, roots, toxins, turmeric, vegetables, vitamin c, water.